DO YOU KNOW?
· Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
· The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
· The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
· The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to Squirt blood 30 feet.
· Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear By 700 times.
· Ants don’t sleep.
· Owls have eyeballs that are tubular in shape, because of this, they cannot move their eyes.
· A bird requires more food in proportion to its size than a baby or a cat.
· The mouse is the most common mammal in the US.
· A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length.
· A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
· The Canary Islands were not named for a bird called a canary. They were named after a breed of large dogs. The Latin name was Canariae insulae – “Island of Dogs.”
· There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
· A polecat is not a cat. It is a nocturnal European weasel.
· The animal responsible for the most human deaths world-wide is the mosquito.
· The biggest pig in recorded history was Big Boy of Black Mountain, North Carolina, who was weighed at 1,904 pounds in 1939.
· Cats respond most readily to names that end in an “ee” sound.
· A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.
· Pigs, walruses and light-colored horses can be sunburned.
· Snakes are immune to their own poison.
· An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.
· Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
· The biggest member of the cat family is the male lion, which weighs 528 pounds (240 kilograms).
· Most lipstick contains fish scales.
· Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
· Each day in the US, animal shelters are forced to destroy 30,000 dogs and cats.
· A shrimp’s heart is in their head.
· A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
· A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
· The cat lover is an ailurophile, while a cat hater is an ailurophobe.
· A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.
· It may take longer than two days for a chick to break out of its shell.
· Dragonflies are one of the fastest insects, flying 50 to 60 mph.
· Despite man’s fear and hatred of the wolf, it has not ever been proved that a non-rabid wolf ever attacked a human.
· There are more than 100 million dogs and cats in the United States.
· Americans spend more than 5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
· Cat’s urine glows under a black light.
· The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.
· It is estimated that a single toad may catch and eat as many as 10,000 insects in the course of a summer.
· Amphibians eyes come in a variety shapes and sizes. Some even have square or heart-shaped pupils.
· It would require an average of 18 hummingbirds to weigh in at 1 ounce.
· Dogs that do not tolerate small children well are the St. Bernard, the Old English sheep dog, the Alaskan malamute, the bull terrier, and the toy poodle.
· Moles are able to tunnel through 300 feet of earth in a day.
· Howler monkeys are the noisiest land animals. Their calls can be heard over 2 miles away.
· A quarter of the horses in the US died of a vast virus epidemic in 1872.
· The fastest bird is the Spine-tailed swift, clocked at speeds of up to 220 miles per hour.
. There is no single cat called the panther. The name is commonly applied to the leopard, but it is also used to refer to the puma and the jaguar. A black panther is really a black leopard. A capon is a castrated rooster.
· The world’s largest rodent is the Capybara. An Amazon water hog that looks like a guinea pig, it can weigh more than 100 pounds.
· The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people.
· The hummingbird, the loon, the swift, the kingfisher, and the grebe are all birds that cannot walk.
· The poisonous copperhead snake smells like fresh cut cucumbers.
· A chameleon’s tongue is twice the length of its body.
· Worker ants may live seven years and the queen may live as long as 15 years.
· The blood of mammals is red, the blood of insects is yellow, and the blood of lobsters is blue.
· Cheetahs make a chirping sound that is much like a bird’s chirp or a dog’s yelp. The sound is so an intense, it can be heard a mile away.
· The underside of a horse’s hoof is called a frog. The frog peels off several times a year with new growth.
· The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in an American court. 98% of brown bears in the United States are in Alaska.
· Before air conditioning was invented, white cotton slipcovers were put on furniture to keep the air cool.
· The Barbie doll has more than 80 careers.
· To make one pound of whole milk cheese, 10 pounds of whole milk is needed.
· 99% of pumpkins that are sold for decoration.
· Every 30 seconds a house fire doubles in size.
· The month of December is the most popular month for weddings in the Philippines.
· A one ounce milk chocolate bar has 6 mg of caffeine.
· Carbon monoxide can kill a person in less than 15 minutes.
· The largest ever hailstone weighed over 1kg and fell in Bangladesh in 1986.
· Ants can live up to 16 years.
· In Belgium, there is a museum that is just for strawberries.
· The sense of smell of an ant is just as good as a dog’s.
· Popped popcorn should be stored in the freezer or refrigerator as this way it can stay crunchy for up to three weeks.
· Coca-Cola was originally green.
· The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
· The name of all the continents end with the same le
tter that they start with.
· The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
· TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row ! of the keyboard.
· Women blink nearly twice as much as men!!
· You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
· It is impossible to lick your elbow.
· People say “Bless you” when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
· It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
· The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest
· tongue twister in the English language.
· If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
· Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
Spades – King David
Clubs – Alexander the Great,
Hearts – Charlemagne
Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
· 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321
· If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
· What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? Ans. – All invented by women.
. Question – This is the only food that doesn’t spoil. What is this? Ans. – HoneY.
. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
. A snail can sleep for three years.
. All polar bears are left handed.
· American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
· Butterflies taste with their feet.
· Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
· In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
· On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
· The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
· Most lipstick contains fish scales.
· Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
· Tapeworms range in size from about 0.04 inch to more than 50 feet in length.
· A baby bat is called a pup.
· German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
· A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time.
· It takes 35 to 65 minks to produce the average mink coat. The numbers for other types of fur coats are: beaver – 15; fox – 15 to 25; ermine – 150; chinchilla – 60 to 100.
. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
. Banging your head against a wall uses an average of 900 calories an hour.
. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
. The strongest muscle in the body is the TONGUE.
. “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
. The longest word in the English language is 1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of DNA.
. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
. Feb 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
. You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
. Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
. Every time you lick a stamp,you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
. Cat’s urine glows under a black light.
. Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
. Babies are born without knee caps.They don’t appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
. The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
. The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
. One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today is because cotton growers in the 30’s lobbied against hemp farmers they saw it as competition.
. You know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
. There are 2 credit cards for every person in the US.
. The name Wendy was made up for the book “Peter Pan.”
. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds,dogs only have about ten.
. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
. All the planets in our solar system rotate anticlockwise, except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
. Hummingbirds are the only animal that can also fly backwards.
. Insects do not make noises with their voices. The noise of bees, mosquitoes and other buzzing insects is caused by rapidly moving their wings.
. The cockroach is the fastest animal on 6 legs covering a meter a second.
. The word “listen” contains the same letters as the word “silent”.
. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it’s head are the rabbit and the parrot.
. A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
. The whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.
. A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
. ‘Hippopotomonstroses quippedaliophobi a’ is the fear of long words.
. Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school.
. Phobatrivaphobia is a fear of trivia about phobias !!
. It is impossible to lick your elbow. ( We know you gonna try this !!! )
. A snail can sleep for 3 years. ( wow, lucky chap he ? )
. The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start
. In 1883 the explosion of the volcano Krakatoa put so much dust into the earth’s atmosphere that sunsets appeared green and the moon appeared blue around the world for almost two years.
. “Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
. Twenty-Four- Karat Gold is not pure gold since there is a small amount of copper in it. Absolutely pure gold is so soft that it can be molded with the hands.
. Electricity doesn’t move through a wire but through a field around the wire.
. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Say no evil ).
. 55 per cent of people yawn within 5 minutes of seeing someone else yawn. Reading about yawning makes most people yawn. Hello, zzzzz zzzz ?
NICE TO KNOW THIS
2. Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at the same time. Indeed convenient!
3. Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name.
4. Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite.
5. The average person’s field of vision encompasses a 200-degree wide angle.
6. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow Then it is ripe.
7. Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing their own photos on each stamp.
8. Babies’ eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old.
9. It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.
10. Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than plants watered with cold water.
11. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
12. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
13. Those stars and colours you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.
14. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears Never stop growing.
15. Everyone’s tongue print is different, like fingerprints.
16. Contrary to popular belief, a swallowed chewing gum doesn’t stay in the gut. It will pass through the system and be excreted.
17. At 40 Centigrade a person loses about 14. 4 calories per hour by Breathing.
18. There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is rebuilt Every year.
19. Cats, camels and giraffes are the only animals in the world that walk Rightfoot, right foot, left foot, left foot, rather than right foot,left Foot…
20. Onions help reduce cholesterol if eaten after a fatty meal.
21. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
22. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch And make it look like it’s smiling.
23. The color blue can have a calming affect on people.
24. Depending upon the shade, the brain may send up to 11 tranquilizing Chemicals to calm the body
25. Leonardo DA Vinci could write with the one hand and draw with the other simultaneously. Now we know why his pictures were exquisite!!
26. Names of the three wise monkeys are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru(Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Speak no evil).
27. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it’s head are the rabbit and parrot.
28. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
29. Babies are born without knee caps. They don’t appear until the child Reaches 2-6 years of age
30. The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
31. Electricity doesn’t move through a wire but through a field around the wire.
32. All U.S. Presidents have worn glasses; some of them just didn’t like to be seen wearing them in public.
33. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.
34. Raw cashews are poisonous and must be roasted before.